Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Awards for the 2009 Super Bowl Ads

Drum roll please.

Because I'm not particularly loyal to any NFL teams, (when you have the Huskers in your life, why bother?) I generally keep a closer watch on the ads shown during the Super Bowl. Here, in no particular order, are the ads I feel are worth a special nod from "Thing 1 and Thing 2" this year.

Ad That Most Disgusted Me: Castrol Oil. One word . . . EWWWWWW! I'd rank this one up there with that debacle over the candy bar fiasco of last year's Super Bowl. Please . . . NO one wants to see a man and a chimpanzee smooch.

Ad That Most Helped Me Relate to Mrs. Potato Head: Bridgestone. Hilarious.

Ad With the Perkiest Character of All: Doritos . . . the first one to appear this evening. To refresh your memory, it was the "crystal ball" ad in which the employee predicts that the entire office will get Doritos for the day. His co-worker tries it out himself in hopes of predicting a raise in his future.

Ad That Reminded Me of "Groundhog Day" But Made Me Laugh Like "What About Bob?": Career Builder.com . . . Oh my gosh, I was cracking up harder each time I saw the woman behind the wheel start screaming.

Ad That Made My Sides and the Back of My Head Hurt From Laughing So Hard: Pepsi Max. Oh my gosh, I was crying. "My bad . . . No, I'm good . . . " I'm still laughing.

If you didn't watch the ads tonight, I apologize. This post meant absolutely nothing to you. If you DID watch, were you prepared with your 3D glasses? I never did find those anywhere . . . better luck next year.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to take your word on it because I was too busy talking at the party I was at to actually watch even the commercials. I'm such a bad Super Bowl partier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working. But the only thing I have heard about is Bruce Springstein's slide into the camera. (with his crotch)

    ReplyDelete