Saturday, January 31, 2009

Made In America . . . Or Not?

Just when I thought I'd never open Thing 1's baby book and add anything more to the "funny things she said" section, I had a pretty good case of the giggles (silently, of course) with her in the car earlier today.

Upon spying a pink-hued pickup truck ahead of us, Cassidy remarked "There's that truck! We see that truck a lot!" And we do actually, or else several people in our town drive this exact same colored truck. (I'm guessing "not" on that theory. It is an interesting hue of pinkish/red.)

Anyway, as we got closer to the back of the truck, I heard Cassidy say: "Chevrolot."

"What?" I said. It clearly said Chevrolet, then I realized that Cassidy had mispronounced the name.

When I shard this with her and corrected the pronunciation, she repeated it as well.

"Chevro-LAY!!!! Oh, now I get it!" she said. "It's in French!!!!"

2 comments: