Friday, January 16, 2009

Just When You Thought it Was Safe To Read the Blog Again . . .

Below is an excerpt of a phone call made from my house yesterday:

"Hello? Uhm yes . . . our dog, Sadie, is a patient of yours over there and if you people have a list of the weirdest things eaten by your patients, I'd like to add one to the list . . . and also find out if I need to bring her in to be seen." (I know they're probably recording the call as we speak and that the doggy version of "DCFS" is on their way over to my house any moment.) I continued on.

"You know those Duraflame logs? Uhm, she ate one." (nervous laughter) "Well, actually she ate a half of one-a starter log," quickly adding, "I've already read the package and it says that the ingredients are all natural."

Silence. (I know that the vet hates me right now.)

Finally, the nice lady who hates me breaks the silence.

"Did you say, Duraflame log? Like the kind you put in a fireplace or firepit?"


"Uhm, yes."


The good news is that Sadie appears to be fine. The bad news is that we have yet to see the result of eating this odd delicacy. That and the fac
t that it's -18 degrees outside right now-not exactly the kind of weather in which one can just wait patiently on a dog's bodily functions. (I'm feeling queasy again. Blech.) Anyhoo . . .

Yep-pretty darn blasted cold. I'm loving the wood burning stove right now!! The candles on my mantle though . . . not so much.



















I'm thinking that the candles won't survive the mantle this winter.

If you need further evidence as to how cold it is, I give you "Thing 2."















All bundled up and nowhere to go-except perhaps to venture out and see if Sadie will . . . well, you know. Just kidding!!! Don't send hate mail, people-there's no way I'd send my kids out on a day like today. Walking the dog is a job for a grown-up.

I wonder if Gregg's coming home for lunch today . . . .

4 comments:

  1. Sadie, Sadie, Sadie...Those things can't taste very good!!!

    Your poor candles. At least we know the fabulous wood burning stove is keeping you toasty even if it is feeling like the artic outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwww!! Dogs will truly eat ANYthing. Hope she's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture where you can't even see her face! Gotta love the cold :) I will hopefully post tomorrow about the party...too tired tonight...there were 10 girls running around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post and those candles are too funny for words and how did the dog get the log? Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete