Thursday, January 15, 2009

And We're Back . . .

Sort of.

For those of you just joining us, welcome! It's good to have you here! This blog, "Thing 1 and Thing 2" was formerly located at the site of "Poppopalooza." Sadly, the site met its demise and I am technically starting over with my blog.

Because I've been actively blogging for nearly a year however, everything old is new again. Or at least, it will be for you newbies-which sadly will mean a lack of appreciation for all things squirrel or chipmunk related. I'll try and explain those issues along the way. In the meantime, check out the "About Me" section located in the sidebar. Those are the basics you need to know.

For my regular readers (all two of you), thanks for following me over here. To say I was disappointed about the breakdown/meltdown/disintegration of the former site would be a huge understatement. But . . . life goes on and gets documented elsewhere. Like here.

To recap the events of the week ('cause I know you've been on the edge of your seats waiting), here's what you missed: snow falls from sky, search for missing gloves belonging to Thing 1, more snow falls, gloves are found and I do the happy dance, more snow falls, watch the snow, shiver a little, add another layer of clothing, watch more snow fall, feel smug knowing that I DON'T need to go to the grocery store due to blizzard warnings and wonder how many thousands of people ARE at the grocery store at that moment, field phone call from hubby who inquires as to the possibility of stomach medicine available back at home, wipe smug smile from face as I head to the grocery store along with the thousands of other people, arrive back at car with medicine and realize I must remove snow from car again, listen to Thing 2 ask me no less than 193 times if Daddy is going to throw up, request quiet from back seat while I attempt to back out and avoid running over thousands of other people, drive home while starting to feel nauseous myself, listen to Thing 2 ask more vomit questions, slide through final intersection before turning onto my street, approach driveway to see that husband has already arrived home from work, reach for newly purchased can of Lysol and help the Things out of the car, drag Things inside house along with a fresh snow drift from outside our door, and repeat all steps in the process for the next several days . . . thankfully minus the ill husband part. Whew.

That story was SO worth starting up a brand new blog, wasn't it? Aren't you glad you stopped in?

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are back...I felt bad I could never figure out why I could not view the entire blog! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back in bloggyland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, new is good! Hope all goes much better now!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're back! I was so excited to get your message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought something was wrong the other day when I tried to get to your site. My computer told me it was a attack site. Glad you are moved and hopefully nothing will happen over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, welcome to Blogger! The blog is cute! I'm glad you're back up and running and sorry for all the stuff going on...I know it's life, but it's still stressful, nonetheless. I love and miss you, sissie!

    Love,
    Hap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody told me about what happened to the old blog. I was really upset for you! That is really mean--whoever did that. Anyway, I'm glad that you are taking it in stride and are already up and running with this blog.

    I had been backing up Jody's blog fairly regularly. This event is a reminder to me to get those newer posts backed up!

    PK+

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should just know that my husband has NEVER left a comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete