Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today's God Moment Is Brought to You Through Beth Moore


So, I was supposed to start the brand new Beth Moore study, "Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman" last Wednesday.



Unfortunately, massive quantities of white stuff falling from the sky and sub Arctic temps caused us to delay the start of our study until today. At the time, I was so disappointed-as I'd been so excited about getting started with the new study. What I didn't know at the time, was that she had a very timely message for us today.

As I drove to church, I listened to all the commentary surrounding the events of yesterday. I'm not EVEN going there people.

I got seated at a table, glanced at the TV and saw the frozen picture of the Capitol on the screen. Figuring that there might have been a previous group in the room watching the big event, I waited for things to begin. After opening with prayer, our leader hit the play button, and images of historic landmarks came across the screen. I waited-figuring that there must have been a mistake and that the wrong DVD was in the player. I didn't anticipate the next scene . . . Beth Moore speaking to us from our nation's capital.

Fast forward to the next scene . . . a replica of the "Oval Office." It seems that the chosen set for Beth's new study was to be of where our US president presides in the White House.

I was a little confused. The oval office? Weren't we studying Esther? How did this fit in?

If there's a way for Beth to get in someone's face via a DVD player, then trust me people. SHE DID!!!

As she acknowledged the fact that we are in changing times (when did she tape this????), she encouraged us to remember that no matter who sits at that desk, God can come through the door of that office any time and use anyone for His glory." (Can I get an amen, people?)

We all cheered.

At the conclusion of the lesson, the scene shifted to a shot of Beth standing in front of the White House and she left us with the following words:

"God Works Out Everything. You'll see!"

And for that, I am praising Him today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Only God's timing works out things like a Bible study that is so timely. How awesome.

    ReplyDelete