Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

If any of you recall my dilemma from a few weeks ago, Target did NOT have anything in the way of Valentine cards. They even went so far as to tell me how early it was to even be looking for Valentines. (Let me refresh your memory . . . I was there searching at the end of January . . . same place that had Christmas trees for sale long before the Halloween costumes had even made their appearance.)

Anyway, lest you lose any more sleep over my dilemma, let me assure that I DID eventually find those Valentine cards. All is well and the school parties were successful-minus the unpopularity of those cheese hearts for the preschool party. Let's all say it together: "NEVER AGAIN!!"

I'm sure many of you had boxes of these little cards in your house this past week. Nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day" like a little love from the folks at Disney.




I'm also happy to report that M-a-c-k-e-n-z-i-e got a lot of practice in on writing her name out this past week. Of course, she has the patience of a flea and had to take a break after signing each card. It only took us about 2 weeks to finish this project.



Ah yes . . . so happy to have found those boxed Valentine cards at long last! My girls were thrilled with their choices. Then I discovered this card in Mackenzie's bag of Valentines from her class:



Isn't that so cute? And so personal . . . that's a great mom . . . getting crafty with her kids and doing this for 18 other children.

And then I got this in the mail today from my very crafty friend, Carrie. (By the way-that would be crafty as in the artistic way-just so you don't get the wrong idea of the word usage here.)




Hand made creations are definitely the winners here! I'm thinking that this is the way to go next year. If I start now, Mackenzie will only need to complete one every other week for the next twelve months. And we all know that I'll have more time to help her out 'cause I won't be turning slices of cheese into cute little heart shapes next year.

Let the record show that I did pour my creative, crafty efforts into the food prep area of Valentine's Day. I have learned my lesson, however. (Did I mention that I'm NOT doing heart-shaped cheese slices next year?)

Here's hoping you all have a doily, glitter-filled, non-cheese heart day celebration in your own homes!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

1 comment:

  1. I just tried to leave a comment and got a weird error message so if you get this twice feel free to ignore one of them. I said that on my blog post today I mentioned you and your cheese hearts. I made them and they were a big hit. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete