Monday, August 2, 2010

In Search Of a "Nice" Mommy . . .

Mackenzie: "Mommy, will you play with me? Let's pretend, ok? I'll be the little girl and you be the mommy, ok?"

Me: "Got it. I'm the mommy and you're the little girl."

Mackenzie: "But . . . you're a nice mommy . . . you let your little girl have candy and gum without making her ask first."

Me: "Hmmmm. I see. You want me to be a "nice" mommy . . . let my little girl eat candy or chew gum without having to ask first, right?"

Mackenzie: "Yep."

Me: "So, you don't want me to be like ME, you want me to be "nice."

Mackenzie: "YES!!!!" she says as she smiles and claps her hands.

Life in the land of make believe . . . I wonder what Mr. Rogers would have done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but I'm laughing at that. I get called mean mommy all the time. I just started telling that kids that is what m. o. m. stands for mean ole mom ;)

    ReplyDelete