Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The word "tradition" usually brings to mind thoughts of Christmas. We have such traditions, but we also have another tradition. It's called GO BIG RED!

The time has come to share the tradition with future generations of Husker fans. Maybe even future players and cheerleaders???



This past weekend, another "pilgrimage" to Memorial Stadium was made. This time however, some future "greatest fans in college football" were along for the ride. Nebraska's annual spring scrimmage (a.k.a. Red/White Game) took place on Saturday.



Prior to kickoff was the spring game luncheon. As we ate and awaited words from Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne, Mackenzie and Cassidy got to mingle with some cheerleaders. Mackenzie was more than happy to borrow poms from one of the girls!

Prior to game time, I wondered if the girls would enjoy themselves and get into the spirit of it all.

I'm pretty certain that they did!

Nanna had a "first" all of her own this past weekend. In all the years of attending games, she had never stepped foot onto the field itself. Ever!!!


Until now!

What a great weekend for all of us! Honestly, I don't know who had more fun . . . the adults or the kids.

And so the tradition continues! Go Big Red!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, a great post! I am still reloading everything on my computer, but I promise I'll post something soon. : ) Thanks for sharing the photos. We had so much fun! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a precious family you have! One of my favorite college memories was the big Nebraska game my freshman year.

    ReplyDelete