Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!

I've never been a huge fan of April Fool's Day . . . mainly because I've never been good at thinking up a good prank. Some things just seem too mean and others are just lame. Other pranks are just unforgivable-like Allison's ensemble on "American Idol" last night. Obviously her stylist got Allison REALLY good-just one day early!

As I was putting my makeup on this morning, Cassidy wandered in and started giggling. "Mommy!" she said in a dramatic whisper. "Look at the April Fools Day joke I'm playing on Daddy!" With that, she opened the shower curtain with a flourish to reveal she'd switched the spots where he keeps his shampoo and shaving cream. "Oooh... " I said, "you got him good!" If only I'd thought of something that creative. Rats.

Here, in no particular order, are some thoughts I've been tossing around as a potential April Fools Day joke for my husband.

The girls got through the entire day without bickering! (Nah, he'd never believe this one.)

I got through the whole day without coffee. (My alertness would never sell this one.)

Mackenzie hasn't whined once today. (See #1)

Papa Dean doesn't like Menard's anymore. (Might make him cry-don't want to go there.)

I've subscribed to the other newspaper in town. (Might make him mad-don't want to go there, either.)

I've been hypnotized and don't fear squirrels or chipmunks anymore. (I've already tried this and it didn't work.) Just kidding. But now I've gotta wonder . . .

I'd like to have another baby. (ROFLOL! I'd never be able to say it with a straight face!)

So, I've got nothin'. What excellent prank have you ever played for April Fool's Day? Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I've never pulled anything more than, "Your shoe is untied" or "There's a spider on your head." These must be universal to kids because my kids woke up this moring trying these out. I laughed out loud at the one about the squirrel and chipmunk and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never liked April Fools Day. My dad liked it a little too much growing up and his usual was that we were moving. We moved SO much that it was never funny.

    If you want a more exciting pet, could I suggest a cute adorable kitty that turns into a terror around the 6 month mark???

    ReplyDelete