Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!



There once was a girl who was born on a day-
the 28th actually . . . just before May.


She sang and she danced, had curls galore-

Until that fateful day with scissors-those curls were no more!


She grew up in Nebraska, Omaha to be exact . . .

Over the years it was here she learned to sing, dance and act.


She followed her dream-off to NYC she did head

Went to the one destination where she truly felt led.


It wasn't long after arriving, she experienced success-

Sharing a stage with Carol Channing, Dolly Levi in a red dress.


The years flew by quickly, but kept her heart in dance

Led by the Lord, not by random chance.


As chapters would end and new ones began,

She kept living life-according to His plan.


That plan included motherhood-daughters totaling three

How she maintained sanity-the answer es
capes me!

Three sisters we were . . . known as singers and dancers

And of course through the teen years, thought we had all the answers!

But age does a funny thing, especially upon becoming a mom

When suddenly you discover you had it all wrong!


And now that I am a mom (to girls nonetheless)

I just have to tell you, I need to confess!


My mom is so smart-especially during the years that I "knew" it all

I hope I'm doing half as good a job, as I stumble and I fall!


So Mom, from me to you-pleas
e allow me say
I love you like crazy and Happy Birthday!


Love,
Kari

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful post. That is sweet, Kari. Happy Birthday Donni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, what a beautiful poem. I'm so jealous. I wish I had HALF of your writing talent. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I think you look like her!! Happy Birthday to her!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures!!!! Happy Birthday MOM!!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete