Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You


I had a prideful moment yesterday at church.

In acknowledging Memorial Day, our executive pastor requested that any man or woman who had served our country to stand and be recognized.

I watched individuals rise to their feet . . . young people, middle-aged and older . . . people with babies that I've rocked in our church nursery to the man operating the video camera in the back of the sanctuary.

And my heart swelled with gratitude. I'm so thankful for them. I'm so thankful for all service men and women all over the world today.

And I'm thankful to live in this country . . . where we can be free because of what these people have sacrificed.

To all those who have or currently serve in our military, thank you. May God bless each and ever single one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment