Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reality TV At It's Finest!

Ah, a fresh new season of reality TV has arrived . . . let the games begin.

I was so glad to see "Dancing with the Stars" return to Monday nights. I hope I'll still be saying that in the next few weeks as I anticipate growing increasingly frustrated with my least favorites still in the mix. I know that the whole point of the show is to bring in non-dancer "celebs" but was it really necessary to bring in the former co-founder of Apple? Poor poor Steve Wozniak . . . definitely gifted in the computer scene, but not so much on the dance floor. (YIKES!!) And then there's the whole costuming thing with Karina . . . I think I was blushing as I desperately tried not to look too closely. (Insert another YIKES here.) And she's engaged to Maks? I shudder at the thought.

And can we have gotten off to a more interesting start? Lil Kim (who the heck is this person?) dedicates her performance to the girls in the pen? And the next guy? He's creepy.

On a more positive note ('cause right now I'm picturing my grandfather making claw-like gestures with his hands and meowing at me for being too catty), my favorites are Gilles, Melissa (poor girl, but she's better off) and Shawn. I am hoping that these three make it to the end and I can't wait to see the improvement that happens from here on out.

American Idol didn't disappoint. As usual, Paula seemed to have had a few too many before the show. Sadly, we (Gregg, actually) didn't reset the time on our VCR over the weekend (yeah, we don't have DVR or TiVo) and we missed the first few contestants. Based on the final clips and the smallish-sized sample on iTunes from last night's performance, I am loving Danny Gokey and hope it comes down to him and Adam battling it out at the end. Time will tell.

Let the games begin, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA...Poppop making kitty noises...waaaaaaay to funny!

    ReplyDelete