Sunday, March 1, 2009

If March Comes In Like a Lion . . .

. . . then it sure better turn lamb-like in about 30 days.

That's what I'm sayin'.

Sheesh. A whole week has flown by since my last post. My writing mojo's gone on hiatus, so this post is going to be a lot of random nothingness. (Is nothingness a word? If not, let's make it one.)

Monday: Gregg came home! PTL! May I personally send a shout out to all single parents out there? I don't know how you do it-honestly. The Things are good girls, but it was really great to have him back in the mix.

Tuesday: I discovered that American Idol was being bumped to Wednesday night. Bummer.

Wednesday: Mackenzie learned that she is next in line to become the weekly "superstar" at preschool, starting tomorrow. She has been waiting (NOT so patiently) for her turn at this since the beginning of the school year and finally has her moment in the spotlight this next week. I have explicit instructions at what all is involved with being the superstar, starting with her paper-grocery-bag-vest. Her teacher handed me the bag, smiled cheerfully and she encouraged us to decorate it. I know you all are dying to see our work. Too bad I'm going to save that post for tomorrow. ;-) Ah, and American Idol was back . . . I'm thinking that Adam is our next David Cook.

Thursday: It rained. A lot. Then it snowed. It's all because I'd gotten ambitious on Wednesday and washed, vacuumed and cleaned the car. I should have known better. Rats. We also had a field trip with Thing 2's preschool class to Culver's. There is nothing quite like handing 20 dishes of ice cream out to 4 and 5 year-olds in a nearly empty restaurant without a child to adult ratio of 1:1-let me tell you. At one point, a group of the girls started chanting "GIRLS TA-BLE . . . NO BOYS ALLOWED" while beating the rhythm out on the table top with their plastic spoons. I regret to inform you all that Mackenzie was one of the loudest, although I had to give her props for the no boys thing. Gregg would be proud.

Friday: I finally got started on Mackenzie's vest. She let me know each time I did something unsatisfactory and I was humbled by her honesty. Something tells me that this is going to be a long week.

Saturday: It was a busy day . . . work, catching up on housework, church, and recovering from watching a commercial on TLC. Has anyone ever heard of the show "Toddlers and Tiaras?" Oh my word . . . the commercial alone was enough to nearly send me over the edge . . . mothers shaving their toddler daughters' legs in preparation for a beauty pageant and no, I am not kidding.

Today: I need to send a shout out to my brother-in-law, Jerry. Happy Birthday, Jerimus!! You're the best!!! Also, the work on the vest continues. Can we say pink maribou? I know you're all on the edge of your seats waiting.

In the meantime, I hope you all are enjoying a sunny start to March-a lovely month, indeed . . . St. Patrick's Day, my birthday, spring break (or in these parts, we call it "supposed-to-be-spring-but-feels-more-like-winter-break") and last, but not least, shamrock shakes from McDonald's. Ah, gotta love March.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a fun week. Can't wait to see pics of how Thing 2's vest turns out. For your sake, I hope it meets her expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bit about the GIRLS TA-BLE... NO BOYS ALLOWED! One day it won't be that simple ;)

    ReplyDelete