Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Names of God


I don't think I know one person who doesn't love to get a "mystery package" in the mail.

This past week, I was lucky enough to receive one. My dear friend Jody sent me the book shown in the above photo. I smiled as soon as I pulled it out of the package. Just a few days earlier, she had listened to me excitedly share a story with her. The experience that I told her about was what I like to call a "God Moment" when He shows up in an incredible way-especially in times when it's least expected.

Case in point: nearly two weeks ago, he provided the means for a need before I ever had a moment to blink and wonder how I was going to "make it happen." Done. He had my back all along. It was a very cool realization-to say the least.

Jody and I had talked about how God had revealed himself to me that day as Yahweh Yireh, the one who provides for a need before the situation for that need ever reveals itself. As I read the entry in the book describing this particular name of God, I shivered. The key scripture in this particular entry described the scene with Abraham and Isaac at Moriah. This story also happens to be the key piece of scripture upon which our church's expansion project is based. Silly as it may sound, I was suddenly awestruck. The same God who provided for Abraham provided for my situation that afternoon as well. This blows my mind! Seriously! It's not like He hasn't shown up this way for me in past situations, but this time around it just seemed especially incredible to me.

So today . . . I'm curious. Tell me about a time in your life when Yahweh Yireh showed up and blew you away? I love a cool "God Moment!" Share!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome. I've had so many of these moments. I can't pin point one recently but we had a huge answer to prayer just yesterday and it was fulfilling a current need. So thankful. That book sounds awesome.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to come up with one off the top of my head. However, I know He always provides! So glad you are excited about the book.

    ReplyDelete