Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And She's Off . . .


Around this time of year just five short years ago, I sat in a hospital room-holding a newborn Mackenzie while tears streamed down my face.

Chalk it up to post-partum hormones and the fact that I was missing my other baby and her first day of kindergarten . . . such a huge milestone to miss.

And here we are today-sending Cassidy off to her final year in elementary school. In just a few short weeks, Mackenzie begins her last year of preschool.

Today, I'm feeling the tears again.

My babies are growing up.




But it's all good. Just as it should be.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl she's become. I can't believe how she's growing up! Please hug her for Aunt Happi and tell her I'm so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope her first day was great! Sure do wish we were celebrating this milestone together with a good cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete