Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Few Reasons To Love the Start of Summer . . .



The strawberries this year ROCK!! I nearly ate an entire pint yesterday by myself. And don't EVEN get me started on how they taste when you turn them into jam . . .



Here, Nanna gives a few pointers to Thing 2. Gotta love an afternoon at Nanna and Papa Dean's house!



Notice how Cassidy looks excited and ready for action. (kidding) I'm thinking that Mackenzie needs a few tips on how to pitch the ball.


I love the yearly reappearance of the roses on the bushes that once lived in Poppop's yard. Every time I look at the "D.K. Meyer" sign that once hung outside of his home, I wonder if he's shaking his head-thinking how crazy we were to dig the bushes up in the first place.



I'm so glad that we did.

Some days, it's a good reminder of the blessings that come with new seasons in life.

4 comments:

  1. That jam looks simply divine. : ) Sorry we missed the baseball game. What fun!

    Love you guys,
    Hap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the start of summer and those strawberries look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing that jam reminds me I still have freezer jam left, yum. But then that leads to lots of consumption of bread and butter with it, and my spare tire does not need to grow anymore.

    ReplyDelete