Saturday, January 9, 2010

Perspective

It's days like today that remind me to appreciate the things that can easily be taken for granted.

Pure silliness is one of them. One day, Mackenzie might be just "too cool" to be willing to pose for a photo like this one. ;-)



Or the sight of my mom being just as excited to have Santa sitting in the family room as her granddaughters were. (You can't see him in this photo, but he was there-trust me!)



Aha-there he is! And I can't take for granted that my 10 year-old sat on his lap. "As long as I live, my baby you'll be."



Speaking of babies, we can't take our furry babies for granted. I love you, Ozzie!



It's also nice to be reminded of the importance of a good snuggle!



I love it when the cousins get together and to listen to the sound of them playing and having fun with each other. As they get older, the dynamics might change and they may also fight us on wearing their new Christmas PJ's for a group photo. For now though, it's all good and I'm lovin' it!



Today, I was given the gift of perspective-sadly however, as I attended the funeral of an 18 year-old boy. I watched his family say goodbye and I thought about my own girls. I also hugged them extra tight when I tucked them into bed tonight.

And again, I am reminded to be more appreciative of the little things easily taken for granted and to perhaps not "sweat the small stuff" so much.



Thank you, Evan. You will never be forgotten.

1 comment: