Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm SO Stealing This One . . .

Ok friends, I'm back. And I'm a bit rusty . . . not a lot of time for writing, but missing my blog nonetheless. As I was catching up on some other blogs earlier, I saw a post on Beth Moore's blog and am totally stealing her idea. She listed 10 random things "You Might Not Know" and encouraged her readers to do so as well in the comments section. If you want to play along here on Thing 1 and Thing 2, be sure to list your own 10 items in the comments section. I can't wait to see what you've got.

In no particular order, here are 10 COMPLETELY random things about me:

1. I sleep on my stomach, both arms tucked under my pillow with one leg bent and the other leg straight down . . . sometimes hugging a pillow to my chest. Yes, I do see a chiropractor from time to time.

2. I am currently doing price comparisons for a new clothing steamer. I hate to iron.

3. I don't sew. I used to sew back in middle school . . . made a bag, a stuffed dog, a pillow in the shape of a "K" and an outfit consisting of a prarie skirt with matching quilted jacket. I haven't sewn since. Just ask any one of my family members.

4. I get a lump in my throat whenever I see the "Nebraska . . . the Good Life" sign on I-80 and also weep during the tunnel walk that precedes every Nebraska home football game. That's how I roll.

5. I've never seen one episode of "Lost," "The Office" or "Survivor." I CAN tell you, however, about my favorite pros on "Dancing with the Stars" and that I think Jake is an idiot for choosing Vienna.

6. I'm not a fan of my feet and shudder at the thought of getting a pedicure. Gross.

7. My first car was a '64 Plymouth Barracuda. If it's still alive out there somewhere, I'm wondering if there's still half of a candy cane in the carburetor. (Don't ask.)

8. I am "directionally challenged." Whether you put me in the middle of a forest or a shopping mall, I'd have a hard time telling you which way is north. It's horrible.

9. I can't stand to throw away stuff that is recyclable. I've been known to take empty plastic water bottles and soda cans with me if it's something I can put out with our recycling.

10. I like roasted marshmallows, but shudder at the thought of eating Peeps or anything else that is pure marshmallow. Disgusting.

Your turn . . . the more random, the better. Ready? Set? GO!

2 comments:

  1. Oh,oh,oh! I want to play!

    1. I'm running a half marathon in less than 48 hours! I'm not sure how random that is, but it is consuming my thoughts.

    2. I've been frog gigging.

    3. I hate taking medicine. If it is in liquid form I have to chase it down with a cookie or piece of chocolate. Don't tell my kids.

    4. I learned to roller skate when I was three.

    5. I don't eat marshmallow peeps, but I miss my real peeps like crazy!

    6. I changed my major three times in college and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

    7. I love road trips and will stop for any odd road side attraction out of pure morbid couriosity.

    8. I don't like seafood.

    9. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was well into my 30s.

    10. I want to take a trip to the Holy Land with my hubby for our 20th wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you are not missing out on not watching those shows, but I do love the new Parenthood show, and Modern Family! :)

    Also, I do know North & South but do not know my left & right!

    And I'll eat your marshmallows.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete