Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Dose of Medicine AND Humility

I picked up my youngest child from preschool this morning . . . noting that the medicine I'd given her before school for her sniffles seemed to be working nicely. She was so excited when she saw me standing outside her classroom. If she could have turned herself inside out, I think she would have done just that.

"Mommy?" she said excitedly.

"What sweetie?" I answered.

"Mrs. Holmes knows how to wipe my nose really REALLY good!" she replied.

"Well . . . good!" I ventured, not quite sure of where she was going with this.

"Yeah," she added. "She actually does it MUCH better than you do!"

Nothing like a slice of humble pie, served by my youngest offspring, to go along with my morning coffee. It's one more reason to love mornings.

2 comments:

  1. Noah came home yesterday telling me his teacher said HER kids only wear jeans with holes in them on the WEEKENDS. I SWEAR he had the tiniest worn out hole in one knee- hardly anything! And they were "distressed" style jeans.

    Sheesh!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. well did she show you how? ;) gotta love kids!

    ReplyDelete